Spowers Office Fitout
The Strategies that were employed in the design and construction of the Spowers Office included:
- Making the best use of the natural light opportunities;
- Creating a contiguous workspace that promoted collaboration and communication;
- Reuse of existing furniture and storage units;
- Deploying the custom designed and staff constructed ‘workstations’;
- Investment in key areas of the fitout;
- Demonstrated many of the ideas and strategies that we use in our projects, particularly the tertiary spaces;
- Delivered good ‘bang for your buck’ by minimising the ‘invisibles’;
- Improving the efficiencies and effectiveness in the way the studio functions through layout and design;
- A space that demonstrated the collective and collaborative nature of the practice.
One of the ongoing research projects that was deployed in Spowers Office was the ‘workstation’. Through a series of prototypes a table design was based on the premise of a single sheet of material being laser cut and dry assembled into a functional workpoint. By testing and prototyping a hybrid was honed and developed that was then deployed en-mass.