City of Ballarat, Civic Centre
Client: City of Ballarat
Spowers submitted a proposal for the new Civic Centre Project in a consortium with Work.Space.Logic, IrwinConsult, RushWright Associates, Wilde & Woollard, Noel Arnold & Associates and local partners Kevyn Joy Architects, Thomson Hay, and Cosgriff/Meridian Alliance.
The scope of works was to provide a Civic Centre and long term master plan solution for this key Ballarat precinct.
The project vision was to:
- Create an exemplar development in dialogue with other leading state and national projects.
- Transform historic concepts and character into viable imaginative futures.
- Pursue incremental “complete at every stage” outcomes.
- Package the civic assets into a meaningful cultural place which compliments Sturt Street and the city core.
- Design adaptive solutions which can be continuously reinvented to secure future relevance.
- Push the environmental performance toward carbon neutrality.
- Showcase local content in all stages of the proposal, sustaining the region.
Our consortium were premiated to the final 3 of the Design Competition.