Client: Green Building Council Australia
Ground breaking design of its time, providing massive savings in energy and water consumption, the Australian Conservation Foundation building represents international standards of Environmentally Sustainable Design.
Designed in accordance with ecological sustainability principles within a commercial context, conversion of the building involved refurbishing an existing three storey office building and integrating construction of a new four storey concrete structure. This has been translated into a successful outcome through judicious and clever use of atria, light wells and cross ventilation systems.
Sociologically it represents the strongest of convictions to providing real Triple Bottom Line solutions in proving that commerciality and sustainability are not mutually exclusive.
Related Articles & Information
- The Fifth Estate “Results from the Coalface: 60L”
- Australian Conservation Foundation “Our Home, 60L”
- Australian Conservation Foundation“Overview of 60L – Detailed Report”
- The Fifth Estate “Has ACF’s 60L green building measured up to its goals?”
- Australian Publishing Resource Services“60L Green Building”