Spowers approach to the conceptual design of this new facility is built on an understanding of the collective histories of the region to develop an informed and progressive architectural and educational response that can bring an excitement, optimism and aspiration to this Tertiary Education Provider’s Hi-Tech Precinct.
This design equisse seeks to;
- Demonstrate Spowers design and thinking process.
- Proffer exemplar learning environments for further development and discussion.
- Prompt opportunities that are precinct based.
- Acknowledge and frame future growth opportunities for the campus.
- Deliver a launching pad to engage with user and stakeholder groups.
We are demonstrating this through a design that;
- Adopts an architectural expression that points to future technologies without being too overt.
- Employs appropriate technologies to deliver increased amenity and a sustainable balance.
- Unlocks the neighbouring buildings as well as the campus masterplan aspirations.
- Facilitates learning-on-show, industry alignment, opportunities for industry engagement delivered through a variety of progressive learning environments.
- Utilises locally sourced materials where possible.
- Is adaptable and expandable.