Diversity and Inclusion
Spowers is a diverse and inclusive organisation. We will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation or family status.
We believe it is through inclusion and diversity of thought that allows us to drive innovation, engage our people, improves productivity and reduces conduct risk for the benefit of our customers, organisational performance and business outcomes.
With a rich history, Spowers continues to be one of the driving forces of sustainable design, construction and development in the country. We provide a supportive office structure and offer a number of benefits to our staff. Working with us means having the opportunity for long-term career development, as is apparent from our high degree of staff retention.
Spowers provides its Team members:
- Variety of work to suit different interests, experience and goals, as well as the opportunity to move between different types of projects.
- Training and development opportunities in the form of both in-house and external training courses and seminars. Our employees have had training in Revit, BIM 360, Twin Motion, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Project, Business Writing and Green Star. We will support and encourage continued professional development.
- Probationary period and reviews for all staff, to assess skills and knowledge levels of individuals.
- Opportunities to develop individual career plans.
- A formal mentoring program. We find this particularly important during this period of remote working.
Work and Family
Spowers understands the importance of family and strives to continually assist each individual Team member. Individual situations are always considered and a plan put in place to support them to ensure a balance between work and family life.
In addition to the Government Scheme we offer:
- Continued contact and communication for employees on parental leave to ensure they remain connected to the Spowers Team.
- Return to work arrangements that are personalised and cater to everyone’s unique situation.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Access to compassionate, carers and personal leave.
Health and Wellbeing
Spowers values the health and wellbeing of our Team members. We understand the importance of creating a workspace that encourages a balance between health and wellbeing and work.
To assist our Team with this, we provide:
- A social program that includes activities such as regular staff morning teas, Birthday celebrations, Friday night gatherings catered in-house lectures & talks, annual Christmas parties and many other interesting events.
- Fresh fruit supplied to the office weekly.
- Tea and coffee provided.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Spowers genuinely care for our clients, employees and the wider community that we are a part of. As a company, Spowers integrates corporate social responsibility into our business strategy, company philosophy and management systems.
We support this with:
- A concern for the environment that embraces recycling in the workplace and offering a range of environmentally friendly office products and extends to the way we design buildings.
- Ecological sustainable development (ESD) in our work methods.