Diversity and Inclusion
Spowers is a diverse and inclusive organisation. We will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation or family status.
We believe it is through inclusion and diversity of thought that allows us to drive innovation, engage our people, improves productivity and reduces conduct risk for the benefit of our customers, organisational performance and business outcomes.
With a rich history, Spowers continues to be one of the driving forces of sustainable design, construction and development in the country. We provide a supportive office structure and offer a number of benefits to our staff. Working with us means having the opportunity for long-term career development, as is apparent from our high degree of staff retention.
Spowers provides its Team members:
- Variety of work to suit different interests, experience and goals, as well as the opportunity to move between different types of projects.
- Training and development opportunities in the form of both in-house and external training courses and seminars. Our employees have had training in Revit, BIM 360, Twin Motion, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Project, Business Writing and Green Star. We will support and encourage continued professional development.
- Probationary period and reviews for all staff, to assess skills and knowledge levels of individuals.
- Opportunities to develop individual career plans.
- A formal mentoring program. We find this particularly important during this period of remote working.
Work and Family
Spowers understands the importance of family and strives to continually assist each individual Team member. Individual situations are always considered and a plan put in place to support them to ensure a balance between work and family life.
In addition to the Government Scheme we offer:
- Continued contact and communication for employees on parental leave to ensure they remain connected to the Spowers Team.
- Return to work arrangements that are personalised and cater to everyone’s unique situation.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Access to compassionate, carers and personal leave.
Health and Wellbeing
Spowers values the health and wellbeing of our Team members. We understand the importance of creating a workspace that encourages a balance between health and wellbeing and work.
To assist our Team with this, we provide:
- A social program that includes activities such as regular staff morning teas, Birthday celebrations, Friday night gatherings catered in-house lectures & talks, annual Christmas parties and many other interesting events.
- Fresh fruit supplied to the office weekly.
- Tea and coffee provided.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Spowers genuinely care for our clients, employees and the wider community that we are a part of. As a company, Spowers integrates corporate social responsibility into our business strategy, company philosophy and management systems.
We support this with:
- A concern for the environment that embraces recycling in the workplace and offering a range of environmentally friendly office products and extends to the way we design buildings.
- Ecological sustainable development (ESD) in our work methods.
Mid-Level Interior Desinger
Reporting to: Design Principal
Spowers is an award-winning, strategy-led Architectural and Interior Design practice, seeking an experienced, energetic and supportive Interior Architect / Designer team member. Our vision is simple, we create architecture as if we live in it and use it, not an arbitrary or imposed style. We believe in high performance buildings and align our design philosophy with the triple bottom line of social, environmental, and economic factors.
Spowers recognises the strength of a diverse workforce, reflecting the society in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all genders, nationalities and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and candidates with disabilities.
If you are someone who is passionate about design and thrives on a collaborative and outcome driven approach to their work, then this is the role for you. The role is design driven, and the successful applicant will be working closely with the Design Principal in the development and delivery of projects.
Ideally you have experience working across varied sectors of workplace, education, aged care and hospitality and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop further.
- Be involved in the development of design schemes under the leadership of a Design Principal and in conjunction with the project team.
- Be involved in the delivery of projects either as the Project Leader or in conjunction with the project team.
- Prepare, document and develop drawings, details, specifications and other documents relating to the design and conceptualisation of various interiors as specified by the Project Leader.
- Specify finishes and materials from initial concept to final FFE specifications.
- Work with the allocated design team in the delivery of key submission requirements to clients and authorities.
- The ability to prepare, document and develop drawings, details, specifications and other documents relating to the design and conceptualisation of various interiors.
- Liaise with clients, construction team and other associated stakeholders.
- Deliver allocated work within agreed timeframes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the delivery of Interior projects.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with current Building Regulations, Australian Standards and DDA.
- An Industry recognised Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate design requirements with the documented built form.
- The ability to understand and formulate design decisions relevant to the documentation package and present for discussion.
- The ability to use the following: REVIT (primary documentation software), Autocad, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Experience with Twin Motion, Lumion (or similar), or ability/desire to learn quickly.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise tasks in order to deliver work to often tight deadlines.
- A proactive approach and keenness to show initiative and take responsibility for tasks.
- The ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Great interpersonal skills and the capability to continue working efficiently when under pressure.
- A willingness to respond to direction or instruction.
- An aptitude for building good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
What is on Offer?
- An empowering and supportive leadership team.
- Great diversity in clients and projects.
- CBD based office.
- Collaborative and friendly work environment.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
- competitive remuneration package.
- Strong focus on career development and progression.
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (under 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad open for 2 weeks, 1 week review, shortlist and interviews 2 weeks.